Posted to rec.woodworking
Fred the Red Shirt Fred the Red Shirt is offline

Default OT - Politics

On Dec 22, 6:00 am, Mark & Juanita wrote:
John E. wrote:
Mr. Self,

I don't consider myself a "revisionist asshole" but I
do believe that the bombings of Hiroshima and
Nagasaki were immoral. As were the fire bombings
of Dresden, the raids over Tokyo, the bombing
of London, the concentration and the internment
camps, et al.

You may want to read up on Hamburg and Cologne,
as well.

War is an immoral business, no matter who starts it.

That may be the case, but it would be even more
immoral to allow despotic tyrants free reign in the
attempt to avoid war. Wars are sometimes
unavoidable and necessary (i.e, the lesser evil) to
prevent those who would, by force, enslave the
citizens of free countries.

That's my point about FDR attempting to get the US
into the war in Europe early on.

It if solved anything, we wouldn't need to keep having them.

Since you were writing the above post in English and not German or
Russian; I would venture to say that WWII and the Cold War at least
prevented a few things.

Starting those wars didn't prevent anything bad from happening.
Ending them did.

--

FF