Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sco.electronics.design
PinkFloyd43 PinkFloyd43 is offline

Default What NOT to do when cleaning a mouse??

Jim Thompson wrote:
What NOT to do when cleaning a mouse...

Logitech wireless mouse started producing double-clicks with a single
press, so I took out the batteries, and gave it a good shake and a lot
of "grit" fell out.

That didn't totally cure the intermittent "click", so I gave it a good
flush with denatured alcohol.

Two hours of drying later, it wouldn't come alive.

Four hours later it's now working, but wants to turn itself off at
random :-(

Oh, well.

...Jim Thompson

The service call read 'System Down And Smells Funny', as a computer
tech you are thinking blown fuses in the PS and somehow the wires
are smoked. Find out a mouse is living in the CPU, old days file
cabinet sized cpu, and has chewed through the wrong wire, killing it
The inside needed to go back to shop, taken apart and powerwashed to
get the mouse **** out of it,