Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

"Jim Redelfs" wrote in message
Say "goodbye" to the venerable 100w and 75w, cheap, light bulb. (Thomas
Alva
Edison will surely turn over in his grave).

I rarely use exterior lighting. Mostly, I switch-on the front porch light
when there is someone at the door - a rare occurrence.

On those occasions, I want IMMEDIATE light.

However, right now, it is 12F outside and that curly, compact fluorescent
lamp
outside, by the front door, doesn't provide usable light worth a damn for
minute or two.

With no apologies to anyone, I believe that switching to CF lamps won't,
over
the LONG "haul", provide a bit of "relief" to our ever-increasing energy
consumption. Although that implies that our ever-increasing energy
consumption needs relief, I am adamantly UNconvinced of that in any case.

I agree with the lighting outside. Until a better light comes along, I'm
sticking with incandescent for fast light, but I've switched a couple of
night lights already with good results. They last longer too, a bit plus.

OTOH, I'm all for changing over now. The quality of light is now good, not
the greenish color it once was. I see no reason not to save my money and
use something that operates cheaper. To do otherwise is kind of dumb. I'm
looking forward to the LED lights in our future.