Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Paint Thinner Prices

Paul MR wrote:
Walter R. wrote:
The selling price of a product is essentially unrelated to the cost
of the product. All selling prices are set by the free market
system, by the law of supply and demand, by what a buyer is willing
to pay for it.

True, unless plain greed, price gouging or illegal price fixing enter
into the picture. I plan to follow JoeSpareBedroom's suggestion and
see what spin the manufacturer tries to make me believe.
Paul in San Francisco

It is not sane to believe a national chain - Lowes or Home Depot - would
"gouge" or collude to fix prices on a gallon of paint thinner! Millions of
dollars in fines, legal expenses, depositions, and possible jail terms would
simply not be worth the profit.

Greed, on the other hand, is good.