Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Weird,Aldi selling B&D tools now

On 2007-12-22, Skipweasel wrote:
In article ews.net,
says...
I bought an Yves San Lauren shirt there once. Matalan saw off C&A from the
UK after 70 years. They are cheap, but not nasty. They are big and powerful
and can negotiate with branded names.

But you have to give them your name and address before they'll let you
shop.

Lie.

(I've never been in Matalan. But that's what I used to do when Radio Shack used
to ask for your address. And I memorised the postcode of the local town
hall for
use when people pointlessly ask for a postcode.)

W1A 1AA works well (the postcode for BBC Broadcasting House). It's a
way of testing the sentience of the assistant.

I have to say that nobody has ever queried that one when I have used it.