Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Gas not used for 2 years

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 09:28:15 +0100, twinkle twinkle wrote:

What is the usual method used for clearing the pipes?

Turn on an appliance an let the gas force the air out...

When you turn a gas appliance on is there a smell of gas? Is there any
attempt at a flame post your ignition implement? Have you tried not having
your ignition implement not in direct line of the gas flow but slightly
below it? Have you tried lighting without the burning being full on?

As the pipes are remaining pressurised they must still be connected to a
supply of pressure. I find it highly unlikely that this is going to be
anything other than the gas supply. The pressure regulator might have
failed but I would half expect them to fail safe, ie off rather than let
the full supply pressure through. Is there a "hard" or "gentle" hiss when
you open a valve?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail