Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock Brian Sharrock is offline

Default Weird,Aldi selling B&D tools now

On 2007-12-22 22:40:30 +0000, "Clive George"
said:

big snip

"Christmas" is the universal excuse for poor service from traders,
restaurants and most other places selling goods and services. It isn't
as though this is the first year in which Christmas has happened, so there
is no excuse for not planning for it.

It's not just traders and Christmas ....

Because of my age ; I had to contact the Department for Pensions (or
whatever it's called this week ...).
Now; I'm, a fully paid member of what's called the 'Baby Boom' .... whose
birth was related to that War Basil Fawlty tells us not to mention.

The Government has had Sixty-Five Years (that's half-a-century plus a decade
and a half) to prepare for this 'demand'. Yet my initial contact, a month
before the retirement date, was met with a 'Due to unprecedented demand we
are unable to process your claim currently, please phone fourteen days prior
to your retirement date!"
[Or words to that effect]

--

Brian