Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock Brian Sharrock is offline

Default Weird,Aldi selling B&D tools now

On 2007-12-22 21:09:09 +0000, "Doctor Drivel" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message news:476d7a38@qaanaaq...

Not that on-line shopping is that much better, although much less time
is wasted. It's still necessary to ensure that suppliers meet their
commitments, however.

...and get lawyer each time you buy.

No need.

Well then get ripped off.

That's precisely the point....

Hmm .. ! I recently purchased a 'boiler' - if it did _boil_ there'd be
something definitely dodgy!

I researched , and considered the cumulative advice / recommendations of
this group, then 'googled' for the lowest price. This eventually was a site
in some obscure part of the country.

An order was placed and reasonably quickly a man form 'Pl*mb Cent*r' turned
up in a wagon bearing my boiler!

I commented; 'I'm surprised _you_ are delivering this', he grinned back and
said ' We do the final part of the delivery for all/most web-sales in this
area! . If you'd bought it from us you'd pay hundreds of pounds more and it
costs us the same to deliver this as it would cost us to deliver one you'd
ordered in the shop. Doesn't make sense to me; but I'm just the driver.
Enjoy your savings!"

I'm not sure who, if anyone, got 'ripped off'.

The boiler is now heating the house I saved hundreds of pounds, Brown's
Darling is less tens of pounds of VAT .... !

--

Brian