Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Panel Saw Experiences?

"DonkeyHody" wrote in message
OK, I guess I should have said we, or even they. Right now, I'm the
only one pushing the panel saw idea. The show choir would be funding
the purchase.

I know you said their budget was generous, but I think you should be
approaching this from a different perspective. Just because a panel saw
might be used doesn't mean that accidents can't happen. Careless or
inexperienced people on a cheap table saw translates to the same careless or
inexperienced people on a panel saw. Give an inexperienced or careless
person a chance and they will find a way to hurt themselves every time.

Print out a half dozen graphic tablesaw amputations and take them in with
you. Then sit them down and instruct them on proper tablesaw usage. You
might suggest upgrading to a better tablesaw, but with the addition of some
infeed and outfeed tables (assuming there's enough workspace available),
that 'generous' budget might be applied to some other needy area in the
theatre.

Apparently, you're the 'technical expert' on site now. Put that status to
use and save someone a painful, terrifying injury, not to mention the shock
that will go through the rest of the group when it happens. As well, you'd
be struggling with the guilt for not doing this instruction the rest of your
life. Make the most important contribution to this theatre group that you
can.