Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Panel Saw Experiences?

"Greg G." wrote:

Errr... Lew, I think they are talking about a panel saw. Usually a
horizontal apparatus / wall mounted thing you straddle a large sheet
onto and it has a track guided saw which cuts the panels to size -
without requiring the ability required to mark or cut a straight line
with a circular saw. Machinery replaces the non-existent skill.

Oh, you mean that piece of clap-trap you find at the Borg, I stand
corrected.

Guess I always associated small circular saws and "panel saw" as one and the
same.

As for me, I'd opt for a straightedge and a circular saw. And if they
only cut a few pieces per session, perhaps a cordless one.
But I'm a cheapskate.

I'm with you; however, I become very spoiled.

Not having to screw around with power cords is a very BIG plus for me.

It no longer is a luxury, it's a necessity.

Lew