Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default Panel Saw Experiences?

Lew Hodgett said:

Subject

SFWIW, have had very good luck with an 18VDC DeWalt unit.

Not having to screw around with a power cord in a panel saw application is a
BIG plus IMHO.

Errr... Lew, I think they are talking about a panel saw. Usually a
horizontal apparatus / wall mounted thing you straddle a large sheet
onto and it has a track guided saw which cuts the panels to size -
without requiring the ability required to mark or cut a straight line
with a circular saw. Machinery replaces the non-existent skill.

As for me, I'd opt for a straightedge and a circular saw. And if they
only cut a few pieces per session, perhaps a cordless one.
But I'm a cheapskate.

Greg G.