Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Why use heavy oils in gearbox?

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 10:45:33 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:39:01 +0000, with neither quill nor qualm,
David Billington quickly quoth:

AFAIK the MGF roadster, not available in the US, introduced electrical
power assisted steering in 1995. I don't know whether other car
companies have moved to such system much yet. In the MGF case it's
basically a servo motor system, no hydraulics involved.

Is this produced by the fine and dependable Lucas Electric we've all
come to know and lov^H^H^Hfear? Scary thought, that.

--
Seen on a bumper sticker: ARM THE HOMELESS

Seen on another bumper sticker: Why do the Brits drink warm beer? Because
they have Lucas refrigerators.

They drink their beer at room temperature. Anyone who's lived in
Britain knows that's not warm.
The reason?
Lucas central heating???????

Ha-ha! Maybe. The Lucas battery in my MG Midget wouldn't start the car at
temperatures below 10 deg. F when it was new. Maybe they build their central
heating the same way.

--
Ed Huntress