Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R. Walter R. is offline

Default Paint Thinner Prices

In real life there is no such thing as "plain greed, price gouging or
illegal price fixing". These are just slogans cooked up by smart
politicians for their dumb constituents. If you were in the business of
selling paint thinner, how much would you sell your product for? $ 2? or $
8?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Paul MR" wrote in message
Walter R. wrote:
The selling price of a product is essentially unrelated to the cost of
the product. All selling prices are set by the free market system, by the
law of supply and demand, by what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

True, unless plain greed, price gouging or illegal price fixing enter into
the picture. I plan to follow JoeSpareBedroom's suggestion and see what
spin the manufacturer tries to make me believe.
Paul in San Francisco

You paid $ 8 because that is the best price you can get anywhere. You
cannot buy it cheaper.

If you have a garage sale, do you base your selling prices on your cost,
or on what you think a buyer may pay for it?