Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] robson@nf.sympatico.ca is offline

Default Leaky radiator connection

On Dec 22, 8:12*pm, "New & Improved - N/F John"
wrote:
I had to move a steam radiator in order to paint the room. *Now it leaks at
the connection point to the radiator valve. *I've tried cranking it tight,
but some water still comes through.

I plan to take the radiator off again to reposition the radiator a bit
closer to the valve. *Other than that, should I try teflon tape? * How about
pipe dope?

John

Hey John - from a similar experiance teflon tape works. 4-5 wraps.
Just a hint - on the other rooms I bought some thin drywall - cut it
to the shape of the radiator and painted it the room color then slid
it in behind. Can't even notice it.