Posted to alt.home.repair
sockozy sockozy is offline

Default Can I remove my oil tank gauge by myself?

Joe wrote:

that scares me. I don't think anything I spray on it is going to
penetrate the seal because there is some kind of painted on sealant on
it that looks like gray paint. I really don't want to have to spring
for a new tank right now, is there any other way to gauge how much oil
is in the tank? There is no other available hole to put a separate
gauge. I tried just knocking on it but I really can't tell the
difference, it always sounds a little hollow.

knock the stuff off with a wire wheel and then spray this stuff on it

http://www.pbblaster.com/store/morei...m?Product_ID=1

it works. then use the wrench with a pipe on it for leverage to turn
the gauge.