Posted to comp.periphs.printers,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.periphs.printers
NewsGroups NewsGroups is offline

Default Unclogging stubborn Epson CX5200 printhead

"measekite" wrote in message
. ..

jakdedert wrote:
Emil Tiades wrote:
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:53:10 -0800 (PST), Doc
wrote:

In that case, it would appear I've got nothing to lose by giving it a
try other than possibly not having to buy a new printer.

Instead of alcohol, I use a mixture of amonia and water.
one part of amonia, 4 parts of water.
Usually works the next day.
Also have a look in
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

People argue all the time about what is the best solvent to clean inkjet
heads.

You do not need any solvent. Just use OEM ink. Using both an HP an a
Canon I never had to clean anything.

In that case you are one lucky bas!ard. Many printers are tossed because
the print heads are clogged,even with using OEM ink.

It's simple: whatever dissolves that particular flavor of ink...

...and that's pretty easy to figure out. Usually there's copious amounts
of ink dribbled everywhere in these situations. Instead of experimenting
on your potentially expensive heads, try your various solvents on dried
ink OUTSIDE of them. If you don't already have spills to clean up, then
intentionally make one.

Let it dry.

Then clean it up...with 'whatever' you're contemplating running through
the printer. If it doesn't work outside the printer, it won't unclog the
head. If it dissolves the ink, then you have a much better chance of
success.

jak