Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Todd Rich Todd Rich is offline

Default It LIVES!!!

William wrote:

"Jon Elson" wrote in message

(snip)
yes and the top too, you need none of it just remove the whole thing from
the compressor...

Done.

I'm afraid I'm really not that up on what is in that box.

Ahhh, lucky for you that is a tough VFD or you would have
already smoked it. Just bypass ALL the stuff in there, wire the
VFD straight to the 3 motor wires. The pressure switch should
be wired to the VFD's control input.

Jon

Bingo I assumed that you had trashed all that VERY old AB stuff in that
box.

Nope, and a couple of people even said just wire it in. It is gone now
(well the upper portion is there, but bypassed). I'll hold onto it in
case I sell it later.

Remove it and let us know if it stops that nasty noise.

Sounds much nicer now. I'll take some video tomorrow/Monday when I start
it up to warm up the oil for an oil change.

William....

Todd