Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Why use heavy oils in gearbox?

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 21:16:29 +0000, with neither quill nor qualm,
David Billington quickly quoth:

I enjoy the joke about Lucas and understand it but having lived in the
US and tasted your beer offerings from the late 1970s I would suggest
most if not all are served below optimal temperature, ie frozen below
the limit of taste. British bitters are best consumed served at cellar
temperature of IIRC about 50F to 60F, certainly one of my favourite
beers provide locally is "Old Peculiar" from the north of England.

All beer tastes so much like crap that it must be served ice cold to
limit that reference flavor and smell. Ick!

LJ--happily sober for many moons now.

--
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous
delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.