Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default Why use heavy oils in gearbox?

clare wrote:

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:23:54 GMT, Anthony
wrote:

Jon Elson wrote in
om:

There are also alternatives out there to the otto cycle engine. The mazda
rotary is one that has been proven, and gets good fuel mileage.

It DOES?????
News to me.

Not any of the ones I have been around.

Great performance when they run, and loads of potential with forced
induction, when they run, but mileage....Not a chance!

While I am sure that somewhere there are high mileage Wankel engines
out there, I have never seen them.

I had an RX2, with a later 13B in it. 70 miles per hour in second
gear, and all the handling characteristics of a pig on stilts.

The guy that bought it from me got out of a speeding ticket, on the
basis of "Look at this car! Do you really think it could possibly go
that fast?"

Cheers
Trevor Jones