Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Weird,Aldi selling B&D tools now

On 2007-12-22 21:17:02 +0000, Stuart Noble

On 2007-12-22 16:12:32 +0000, Stuart Noble
said:

All in all, a huge waste of time, getting in the way and slowing me down.

Then it all assumes that stock is available.

Which makes it even less appealing.

Why would I want to waste my time with any of that?

Not that on-line shopping is that much better, although much less time
is wasted. It's still necessary to ensure that suppliers meet their
commitments, however.

And still necessary to hang around waiting for deliveries or, in the
case of a friend of mine, lining up for an hour at the courier's local
depot at 7 in the evening

The solution to that problem is to specify a delivery before 1000.
Most couriers make those deliveries before 0900. If they don't then
they deliver it before 0900 the following day at their cost.

I am certainly not going to spend an hour at a courier's depot. This
is one reason that I won't deal with any supplier who uses Royal Mail.