Posted to alt.home.repair, misc.consumers.house
ransley ransley is offline

Default Has anyone ever replaced their conventional furnace fan motorwith an ECM motor?

On Dec 22, 1:24*pm, Some Guy wrote:
full-quoter hvacrmedic wrote:

(nothing useful)

All you've said was that you can either buy it yourself, install it
yourself, and maybe do it right or maybe do it wrong. *Wow.

And if I flip a coin, it will land heads up or tails up. *

Why don't you tell us what the wholesale price is of an ECM motor?
That would be a useful piece of information to this thread that you
can contribute.

People do this, and even though they've bypassed me (the contractor)
I don't care.

This isn't about whether you care or not. *This thread isin't about
you.

I asked my lennox installer what it would cost to retrofit to vsdc, he
said about 1600, the electric savings are mimimal, without the low
speed option it whats the point, GE vsdc were at one point lasting
only 6 or so years, buy a new furnace if you have to have one and get
the 10 yr warranty and all the benefits