Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R. Walter R. is offline

Default Paint Thinner Prices

The selling price of a product is essentially unrelated to the cost of the
product. All selling prices are set by the free market system, by the law of
supply and demand, by what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

You paid $ 8 because that is the best price you can get anywhere. You cannot
buy it cheaper.

If you have a garage sale, do you base your selling prices on your cost, or
on what you think a buyer may pay for it?
--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Paul MR" wrote in message
The last time I bought a gallon of mineral spirits (about 18 months ago, I
believe) it cost $2.50. That was very high I thought at the time.
Yesterday in Lowe's, I noticed the cheapest brand was selling for $8.00!
Is there any reason for this other than plain greed and price gouging?
Paul in San Francisco