Posted to comp.periphs.printers,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.periphs.printers
measekite measekite is offline

Default Unclogging stubborn Epson CX5200 printhead

jakdedert wrote:
measekite wrote:

jakdedert wrote:
Emil Tiades wrote:
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:53:10 -0800 (PST), Doc
wrote:

In that case, it would appear I've got nothing to lose by giving it a
try other than possibly not having to buy a new printer.

Instead of alcohol, I use a mixture of amonia and water.
one part of amonia, 4 parts of water.
Usually works the next day.
Also have a look in
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

People argue all the time about what is the best solvent to clean
inkjet heads.

You do not need any solvent. Just use OEM ink. Using both an HP an
a Canon I never had to clean anything.

YMMV, but most people who use their Epsons sporadically often have
clogs, even using the OEM.

I know two people who use their Epson printers sporadically. One every
couple of months. They have the R3xx series so may that is the reason
they do not have a big problem.
The factory cleaning cycles take a lot of that expensive OEM ink. If
you like paying for that, more power to you; but that's only YOUR
experience, and it's not typical in my opinion. Using an inkjet daily
is about the only way to prevent it.

Only if one needs color (and these days, and that might be changing)
will an inkjet printer be a better value per page than a laser...the
only 'real' solution for preventing clogs.

jak