Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab Bill Schwab is offline

Default Banning incandescent lamps?

Tim Wescott wrote:
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 01:34:57 -0600, Richard J Kinch wrote:

EISA 2007 is said to ban incandescent lamps.

I defy anyone to understand this law. See the lightbulb text he

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:1:./temp/

~c110KLWOHv:e261985:
-- snip --

I've never had a compact florescent light last me more than two years,
and they often fail within six months. Given the amount of stuff in one
of those, which implies a lot of energy expenditure to manufacture, I
question the notion that you'll really save anything over the life cycle
of the bulb by using incandescents.

(and, compact florescent lights use mercury, and become a hazardous waste
issue the instant they enter your door -- assuming free manufacture, I'll
trade off the inefficiency of an incandescent light for it's safety any
day).

Didn't you get the memo? That's a secret! G We are not supposed to
notice that until it's too late to go back. Then we will need a new
government program to deal with the waste (Hg), and another to deal with
the waste ($$) from that agency, and another to deal with the eventual
discovery that the first one didn't do its job, etc.

I don't want to breathe CO or eat Hg any more than the next guy, but
would somebody please read the tenth amendment to those clowns on the hill?

End of rant.

Bill