Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Banning incandescent lamps?

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 01:34:57 -0600, Richard J Kinch wrote:

EISA 2007 is said to ban incandescent lamps.

I defy anyone to understand this law. See the lightbulb text he

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:1:./temp/

~c110KLWOHv:e261985:

What, are we gonna have lightbulb police?

Sure. They'll make business do it, and not pay for it. Both parties
like to spout pro-business rhetoric, the left likes to spout "pay as you
go" while the right likes to spout "small government" -- but in the end,
they always try to force businesses into being the cop first (see the
immigration law in Arizona for an example).

So the _traceable_ government stays small, while the government's
responsibilities get forked onto business, and you pay for it whether you
like it or not.

Apparently the left-hand thread is an exemption. Are we gonna see a
boom in right-to-left-hand-thread lamp base adapters?

Don't get me started on 35 mpg cars. The US government decrees a change
in the laws of physics!

35 mpg cars are easy -- just make them small and light. They won't
survive a collision with a Hummer or a semi as well as a Ford Expedition,
true. But there'll be fewer Hummers on the road, and because you always
survive the collision you successfully avoid the population will get
smarter over time.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com