Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Why use heavy oils in gearbox?

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:39:01 +0000, with neither quill nor qualm,
David Billington quickly quoth:

AFAIK the MGF roadster, not available in the US, introduced electrical
power assisted steering in 1995. I don't know whether other car
companies have moved to such system much yet. In the MGF case it's
basically a servo motor system, no hydraulics involved.

Is this produced by the fine and dependable Lucas Electric we've all
come to know and lov^H^H^Hfear? Scary thought, that.

--
Seen on a bumper sticker: ARM THE HOMELESS

Seen on another bumper sticker: Why do the Brits drink warm beer? Because
they have Lucas refrigerators.

--
Ed Huntress