Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Weird,Aldi selling B&D tools now

On 2007-12-22 15:25:52 +0000, Stuart Noble

On 2007-12-22 14:16:13 +0000, "Doctor Drivel" said:

I bought an Yves San Lauren shirt there once. Matalan saw off C&A
from the UK after 70 years. They are cheap, but not nasty. They are
big and powerful and can negotiate with branded names.

Ah. That kind of place.

Indeed. Some nice young fillies in their catalogue though. Even you
must get that through your door now and then

Actually no. Very few catalogues come in the post or even the free
newspaper. That's why I hadn't heard of it.

I did see a TV advert yesterday (I watch very little commercial TV) for
a store called TK-something-or-other which seemed to be doing the same
kind of thing.

Yes, I believe they're what's known as a shop in an area often referred
to as the high street. They are purveyors of a skin covering known as
clothing. Get down to Reading, man. The joint is jumpin.