Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Balanced View Balanced View is offline

Default OT GUNS

no one wrote:

Canada has had gun control laws for many..many years. We have
introduced stronger laws due to the success of it.

And Mexico has as well and we know how well it works there don't we?
After all you'd have no problem walking down a dark street in any
Mexican city carrying a lap top would you?

If you have laws you have to enforce them. It also helps if the society
in which you live has a more even spread of income
and social programs. Country's that have the vast majority of the wealth
concentrated in the hands of a small percentage
of their population tend to have higher rates of crime, and Mexico is a
very good example of that

Obviously you don't trust your same government that allows you to be
rednecks, running around with loaded weapons.

Governments are ran by people and people are not that trust worthy
when it comes to power and money. Look at what FDR did and more scary
what he tried to do. Heck, Bill Clinton took several thousands of
acres of land from a state with nothing more than a stroke of a pen.
G.H. Bush made a group of firearms illegal with nothing more than a
stroke of a pen.

We choose freedom from government promoted hysteria. Some don't have
that freedom of choice.

For the most part people get the form of government they deserve. If
a people are cowards they get a government that has no problem killing
anyone who tries to stand up against it. If a people are weak the get
a government that runs their lives. If a people are strong they get a
government that respects them.

Through out history 'governments' have killed a lot more of the people
they were governing than criminals have. And to be honest with you I
rather sit in my house with a firearm and worry if a criminal might
try to rob me than sit in my home with or without a firearm and worry
that the government might try arrest me because I don't support it.

"no one" wrote in message
news

Guns are population control promoted by your government.

If guns are so great what is the problem with registering them?

The thing Americans used to fear the most was is the American
government (a lot of us still do) and history has shown the world
that registration of firearms is nothing more than a precursor to
government control. And in the case of firearms a precursor to
confiscation. Germany, England and Canada are prime recent examples.

If Americans truly fear the Government, why do they not get out and
vote? You have 20% of the population dictating to the rest of you
because they do.