Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveC SteveC is offline

Default Hot Water Radiation Q.

But I mean by the time the hot water travels up to the third floor (second
floor in a 2 storey house) wouldn't there be loss of heat so it would take
longer to heat those rooms? I would rather have that heat go to those rooms
then to Minimally heat the basement, which is being heated my it's own zone
anyway.

All I'm asking is, is it worth putting the money into pipe insulation, will
it provide more heat to the upper levels??

Thanks.

--
Steve
http://jackpot.netwinner.com/?signupCode=vwprheak
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"SteveC" wrote in message
I have an Oil Furnace Hot Water Radiation with Baseboard Radiater heaters.
Would it be benificial to me to insulate the hot water copper lines in
the basement that are still visible with that Grey Foam Insulation stuff?

Thanks

Depends. There is some heat loss from the pipes, but most of that heat in
the basement rises anyway. You do need at least minimal heat there to
prevent freezups and/or comfort. Net gain would be very minimal.