Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default potbelly stove

On Dec 22, 12:16 am, wrote:
I want to put a potbelly stove in my basement. Preferably on the wall
that doesn't have a window on it. How hard of an install, and what
procedures would there be?

I assume you mean a woodburning stove. Don't do anything until you
check it out with your homeowner's insurance. A lot of companies
won't even allow woodburning stoves. If that's OK, then you must by a
UL listed stove and install it according to their directions. The
trouble is usually the chimney. Assuming you don't have an existing
chimney (in good condition) to use, you will be looking at running a
metalbestos chimney up through your living spaces out the roof. So as
to how hard of an install, it could range from not too bad to a living
hell.