Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Why use heavy oils in gearbox?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:39:01 +0000, with neither quill nor qualm,
David Billington quickly quoth:

AFAIK the MGF roadster, not available in the US, introduced electrical
power assisted steering in 1995. I don't know whether other car
companies have moved to such system much yet. In the MGF case it's
basically a servo motor system, no hydraulics involved.

Is this produced by the fine and dependable Lucas Electric we've all
come to know and lov^H^H^Hfear? Scary thought, that.

--
Seen on a bumper sticker: ARM THE HOMELESS

Not sure but these days with the passing years you do hear of heavy
steering or intermittent operation due to the steering sensor or
connectors playing up on older cars.