Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Windows

Frank wrote:
Sitting here looking out at our rain and fog,and I began thinking about
spring which means cleaning these windows. Anyone else have a problem with
window cleaning where the glass looks great until the sun shines or at night
car headlights make the windows look smeary and streaked.
I have tried windex vinegar even ammonia,but as good as
they look when I finish let the sun or headlights hit them and back on the
ladder to no avail.

Merry Christmas from Chicago
Frank

I have the same problem with car windows, I clean them once a year or
more with 0000 steel wool and windex and then follow up with just
windex, looks pretty good. I don't know that I would try that on house
windows though as they often have special coatings which the steel wool
might remove. worth a try if you are sure that your windows are just
plain glass (e.g. old paned windows) Have you tried "glass wax" or
similar product? It's NLA from the original mfgr. but Vermont Country
Store sells it as something else now... "window wax" I think?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel