Tenex

Default Wiring a CAT5e home network

Hywel Jenkins wrote:
In article ,
p says...
No doubt other problems will arise and I'll be seeking your help,
but for the moment the cable is in but I don't have a guide on how
to wire the CAT5e (to which pins) can anyone point me to one?

http://www.homepcnetwork.com/makecablef.htm

That's exactly what I wanted, thanks. Wish my IDC had a cutter like that ...

I've checked practicallynetworked and helmig and they discuss theory
and the software side but I can't see the hard stuff explained to
this detail. Would quite like to get this running this evening if
poss. Belkin switch/router and Blueyonder connection to share (once
a BitTorrent d/l has finished .... ;-) Anything to beware of
generally (not done this before)?

Make sure all your PCs are in the same workgroup if you want to share
files/printers.

I want to connect
-a ME notebook to an XP PC and
-share the XP printer with the ME notebook and
-give the XP PC access to the notebook's HDD but not the other way around.

But first things first, find the IDC... ;-)