Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Tongue and groove cedar question and carpenters out there?

I assume you are trying to join the cedar on its long dimension.

You can miter the joints. If you are joining the long dimensions,
it would be best to have a tablesaw, though it can be done with a
circular saw.

The other choice would be to set a solid piece at the edge line.
You never said what thickness cedar you were installing, but the
solid piece would need to be the same thickness or slightly
thicker. You can run a round over, ogee, chamfer, or other trim
bit if desired. Let your tongue and groove meet this board. It
may require removing the tongue for a clean fit.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Jimi" wrote in message
I am sheeting in a raised platform about 4 ft off the ground
with tongue and groove cedar...I then am sheeting in a wall from
the floor up to this platform also using the same
material.....question is how or what kind of finish do I use
where the wall meets the platform? Gonna look like this:

do with this outside corner to finish it nice?

A website with some photos would be wonderful!....Googled it but
am not sure what to ask for... Thanks in advance...Jim