Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Varmint(s) under the house - called Animal Services

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 20:21:53 GMT, M Q
wrote:

an_Musicant wrote:
:
: On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 11:17:59 -0500, Norminn
: wrote:
:
: :Get a humane trap from animal control. Decide what to do with the
: :animal after it is in the trap. My mom used to relocate possum and
: :racoons. You can do it )
:
: OK, I may go this route. Again, I'd have to do it until at least a day
: passes with no footprints. I've never relocated a varmint before, but I
: figure I can locate a free trap here in Berkeley, where we celebrate the
: human conscience... sometimes to a fault.
:
: Dan
:
:
:You may (or may not) want to talk to:
: http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/animalservices/
:
:Looks like Bezerkeley city council is opposed to trapping:
: http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/animals...0Wildlife.html
:
:You may want to talk to animal control anyways. See what they
:suggest.

I just called them and this is what I was told:

1. They won't go into my attic or crawl space.

2. I can block off the entrance suitably, but leave it open until 11:00
PM. Then close and lock it. He tells me that any animal living under the
house then, be it a racoon, possum, feral cat or even a skunk (it's
obviously not a skunk), would be "out foraging."

Problem solved. I asked him how I would know for sure the animal wasn't
still under the house, and he just wanted me to take his word for it
that it wouldn't be at 11:00 at night. I asked him if I would hear
something if otherwise, and he said yes. He was sounding in a hurry to
end the conversation. Anyway, I guess this is the thing to do.

Dan