Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool Tub Problem

wrote in message
I had a Kohler Devonshire whirlpool tub installed. When used with
jets turned on a yellow brown smudge is left on the tub at the water
level. I had a filter put on my hot water heater (between the heater
and the tub) thinking that there must be impurities coming from the
water heater. Now I know there are none from the hot water heater -
the problem continues. I had a service tech from Kohler check this
out but he could not find the cause of the problem.

Some whirlpool baths have issues with residual water laying in the pipes
after it has been drained. Consequently mold and bacteria can develop.
Perhaps that is what you are seeing since it is only when you use the jets.
Another poster mentioned something about disinfectant tablets for whirlpool
tubs. Maybe you should look into that.