Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Automatic Volume Leveling (AVL)

In February of this year, I bought a new Toshiba 27 inch flat screen tv
set.The tv set had the AVL feature, I could click on it (in the menu)
and use it or not.About two days later the screen developed a
blob/blotch on the bottom left side of the screen.I took the tv set back
to the store and I paid about $34.00 difference in price for a new Sony
Trinitron Wega 27 inch flat screen tv set.The Sony gets a much better
picture than the Toshiba did, but the Sony doesn't have the AVL
feature.I use the Mute button (or change channels for a while) on my tv
remote when most commercials are on there.I think the higher price Sony
tv sets do have the AVL feature.Yep, some tv commercials are wayyyy too
loud.I need something that looks sort of like a wrist watch that has a
big tv Mute button on it.
cuhulin