Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck[_7_] Chuck[_7_] is offline

Default Automatic Volume Leveling (AVL)

Here in Nashville--and I suppose many other places--there are a lot of
'local option' commercials. IOW, there's a commercial on the satellite
feed, but it gets pre-empted by one chosen by the cable operator.

Here, the audio levels on these local options commercials is all over the
place; usually WAY too loud, but sometimes (blessedly) barely audible.
You can tell they're local option because either the subject is a local
business, or sometimes you see just a 'blip' of another commercial before
they cut to the replacement.

Very annoying when you're listening to a movie with the volume up, or you
have the TV on as background to fall asleep by....

jak

That's the same problem we have and it drives us crazy! Does anyone have a
newer TV with the built-in AVL feature, and how well does it work?