Hywel Jenkins

Default Wiring a CAT5e home network

In article ,
p says...
No doubt other problems will arise and I'll be seeking your help, but for
the moment the cable is in but I don't have a guide on how to wire the CAT5e
(to which pins) can anyone point me to one?

http://www.homepcnetwork.com/makecablef.htm

I've checked practicallynetworked and helmig and they discuss theory and the
software side but I can't see the hard stuff explained to this detail.
Would quite like to get this running this evening if poss. Belkin
switch/router and Blueyonder connection to share (once a BitTorrent d/l has
finished .... ;-) Anything to beware of generally (not done this before)?

Make sure all your PCs are in the same workgroup if you want to share
files/printers.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/