Posted to alt.home.repair
dicko dicko is offline

Default Duct sealing

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:10:51 -0500, "JohnnyC" wrote:

Last night on "Ask TOH", they had a guy who showed how to seal FHA duct
work. Are there foil tapes available to a homeowner that are very high
grade? Is the stuff at the BORG good enough to do the job?
.
One more...this is heating season in NE. How long does it take for duct
sealing mastic take to dry?

Thanks.

As was explained to me, the tape should be UL-181 rated. I dont know
if you have a Menards in your area, but I bought a roll there. They
had both UL spec'd and non-UL spec'd tape. Regular foil tape was
approx $5 per roll, UL-181 rated tape was approx $15. The tape has
the word "UL-181" printed all over its surface.

-dickm