Posted to alt.home.repair
Abe M. Abe M. is offline

Default Duct sealing

On Dec 21, 6:34 am, (lp13-30) wrote:
What is your ducting made of? If sheet metal, I would imagine that
there are tapes at the box stores that would be satisfactory. The main
thing is that the surface MUST be perfectly clean and dry for it to
stick properly. The duct sealing mastics I use dry within a couple of
hours, but then I'm in S.Tx, so it may take longer at your lower temps,
and of course it will also depend on how thick it is put on. Larry

Agree with you. Pre-cleanup is a must. The best tape is made by
Eternabond.

http://www.eternabond.com/

You can find it on ebay. Various widths are offered, with an aluminum
color. The toughest part will be to seal edges that you cannot see
(could be hidden). You need a roller to press the tape up against the
metal. A primer is offered if you really want to seal tight.