Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Todd Rich Todd Rich is offline

Default It LIVES!!!

William wrote:
(snip)
Todd, Some thing is wrong with it! It should NOT sound like that when it
starts up. If you jog it for say 20 sec dose that nasty sound stop like it
does after a bit at full speed?

William...

Jog doesn't move it. And it sounds like that starting up even after it has
been run for a bit. I belive it is due to the VFD trying to run it with
not enough power/speed for the motor as part of it's ramp up, as it had
the same sound before I switched it from ramp down to coast when I was
shutting it off. I was going to check the paramaters it has for the
ramp-up to see if I can get it to start with a higher voltage/frequency to
bypass that range.

I don't know if you can tell, but it makes that sound before the motor
actually starts moving, and for the first second or so of moving, so it
isn't the compressor itself. It is the motor/vfd.