Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Generator or inverter?

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:09:11 +0000, Owain wrote:

I quite like the idea of using E7 to charge a battery bank then use
that for the rest of the day. But in an all electric house you'll need
a 10kW+ invertor assuming you want to have a shower

Why woulndn't you just store the E7 heated water?

My telly doesn't run on hot water... but yes splitting the E7 across a
water based heat bank and a battery bank probably does drop the required
invertor size to sub 10kW. How ever add up the breakfast routine, kettle
(3kW), toaster (1 or 2kW), hob (1kW) for porridge plus lights and
fridges/freezers, breakfast/kids telly. The peak demand of a single house
can be surprisingly high, if short lived, even if 24hr average is less
than 1kW.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail