Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default OT GUNS (Was UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years torepay...nonsense!Helpneeded!)

no one wrote:
Look mate, if you honestly feel there is a threat where virtually no
threat exists, you're simply paranoid.
According to the CDC you are at far greater risk of being killed by
eating at McDonalds.

The only thing is there are threats out there. Do or would you let your
small child wonder around a major shopping center?

Sure. If I had one.

Or are you too
paranoid? There is very little threat but there is enough threat that
most people won't do it.

I wouldn't let a very small child wander around my own home. Far more
chance of injury there.

In most cases there is not enough threat to feel the need to carry a
weapon but there is always a threat out there. Example, if you ride the
train to and from work every day the odds are you'll never face a life
threatening situation. But there is always that chance the car on your
train is the one that some mentally ill person decides that the voices
in his head is coming from and if he kills every one in that car with a
machete.

Sure. Talk to him first. Even totally deranged people are not usually
beyond communication. Why,its even possible to have a primitive sort opf
dialogue with GW Bush, apparently.

Even you are almost capable of some sort of conversation.

Even if you are in that car the odds are that you will not be
one of the first people attacked, meaning you will have a chance to
run. For most people these odds are enough, for others they like having
even more odds on their side and they carry a weapon. That weapon may
be in the form of themselves via martial arts training, pepper spray, a
stun gun or a firearm.

Or simply a judo hold. Disarming a knife wielding attacker was about te
only thing I learned in my first few and only judo classes..

I don't know a person who has needed to use any concealed weapon to
protect themselves. But I know many who carry them.

As I have said before just having a weapon saved my sister from being,
at the least, raped. I don't consider the weapon being used because no
shots were fired.

May other things could have saved her from being raped. A steel chastity
belt, for one fairly ridiculous example. Lessons in self defence, a
sharp wit.

Why a GUN? because you LIKE GUNS. You LIKE the feeling of POWER and SECURITY

But why do you feel powerless and insecure without a gun?

Because you are a septic! And its drummed into you from the day that you
are born, by the BRA and the gun manufacturers, that having a gun is
cool, sexy, nacho, and makes you safe.

Whereas in reality it just increases the likelihood that you will get
shot. As the statistics show.