Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater

In article ,
(Chris) wrote:

I just bought an older home, it's about 900 sq ft. I've got 2 oil
heaters...one on each side of the house. I got the oil heaters because I
didn't want to sign up for natural gas, for many reasons....The house
has a natural gas heater but it also has a electric water heater, so
because the water is electric I got the oil heaters to stay total
electric. They do okay until the temps dip down in the 20's and then
it's a little nippy. But that's alright...because with the oil heaters
that's one less bill to pay every month. So I give two tumbs up, all
though I haven't got my first electric bill, should be cheaper then gas
because natrual gas around here is a rip-off $$$.

I'd be curious to know where you live, that electricity is cheaper than
gas. I think if you're running 3000 watts 24/7 you're going to have a
seizure when that first bill comes in.