Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default How's it done? No skirting boards

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 05:51:48 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On 20 Dec, 13:13, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Dec 20, 12:26 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
wrote:
Flicking through some of the various interior design mags and I see a
lot of nicely done new builds have no skirting boards at all. The
plaster seems to sit about 10-15mm off the floor and the line is
perfectly straight.
How is it done exactly? Seems a bit tricky to me to achieve with dot/
dab and skimming to get a perfectly straight edge with nothing to
plaster up to.
Use battens and remove when plaster is set.

Then install flooring of a depth 10-15mm less than the battens were..

But why? Just seems like a huge dust trap to me, or is it "fashion" or
"design"?

Cheap.

Not according to this:

http://www.homebuilding.co.uk/Design...on=View&ID=220

What an annoying site. Full of ads that my ad blocker doesn't remove
and it keeps reloading the page.