Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater

Oh pshaw, on Thu 20 Dec 2007 05:47:15a, Merlin meant to say...

On Dec 19, 3:19 pm, wrote:

I bought one of the oil filled radiator style heaters
as well and so far so good also!!

I have it in my bedroom and shut the bedroom door at
night and only heat THAT room....and turn the main forced air furnace
WAY down

I don't even have any heat other than the two radiators now. With one
in the common area and one in the bedroom, I have a nice warm house. I
turn the bedroom one on about an hour before bedtime.

The biggest problem I've had with them is setting them LOW enough.
They produce so much heat that I'm still adjusting them downward to
maintain the temperature I desire. They use almost no electricity.

KUDOS to the person who invented this gadget!

Whoever invented the oil-filled electric radiator did so many decades ago,
so they're nothing new. There does seem to be resurgence in popularity,
and they really are very effective .

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Thursday, December 20th,2007