Posted to comp.periphs.printers,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.periphs.printers
measekite measekite is offline

Default Unclogging stubborn Epson CX5200 printhead

Doc wrote:

On Dec 20, 4:37 am, Peter wrote:

Doc wrote:

I have an Epson CX5200 that I let sit for a while and ended up with what I assume to be a clogged printhead.

I disassembled it to the point of having the head actually out of the cart carrier - i.e. the part with the circuit board on it separated from the intermediate ported plastic piece, and using a syringe and alcohol, butted up against the rubber seal and can get a nice multi- jet stream out of all the ports except the black. That one seems utterly stopped up. I've even tried alternately applying suction and pressure with the syringe, nuthin'. It still works fine for scanning but would like to get it to print again.

Anyone know of a trick to get it unclogged?

The only trick you need is to use Epson ink.

Thanks for all input

The "trick" might well be to buy a new printer. I suspect that pressurising the print heads in an attempt to clear them actually damages the works

In that case, it would appear I've got nothing to lose by giving it a try other than possibly not having to buy a new printer.