Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Balance of Trade Improvement ??

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:12:03 -0800, John Larkin
wrote:

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:04:43 -0500, PeterD wrote:

The United States is grossly overpopulated.

Not by world standards.

Saying less than a handful
is like saying that until we are all standing shoulder to shoulder
things are just ducky. That's not true.

Currently the US cannot produce enough food to feed the nation (we are
now a food importer!),

Sure, but we export more, roughly $80 billion, and the trend seems to
be towards more exports.

pollution (from overpopulation) is chokeing the
air, and the quality of live is in a serious decline.

Wherever you live (next to a coal mine?), you should consider moving.
In most of the US, air quality has improved greatly in the last few
decades.

John

Certainly that is so. I was involved with automotive pollution
control devices in the '60's. Air quality was FAR worse than it is
today. Now I can look to the SE and see the mountains near Tucson...
almost 100 miles away.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |