Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Opinion please.. kinda OT and OT

On Dec 20, 5:44 pm, JeffB wrote:
Ahh - those repeatable, scientific tests that inconveniently intrude on
cherished beliefs. The fear that one might have wasted many thousands of
dollars might also be a factor. The really difficult task is to actually
change minds, instead of having the "Golden Ears" (or whomever) walk
away muttering about unfair test conditions, bias, or trickery. The Bob
Carver vs. Stereophile challenge/tests ended up in nasty litigation.

Last time I heard anything from Anthony Cordesman was when he was
waxing eloquently about the 'upside' of using depleted uranium in
artillery shells.

Who can forget Bob Carver? Or Harry Pearson? "Life is a minestrone,
Bob!"

I am oh-so glad that all this is oh-so yesterday.

"The bass was a bit plummy, but not in chocolate-y way. The mids were
decidedly gravelly" cooed Pearson whilst tugging on his flight
engineer's suit.